erstellt am: 25.06.2015
World Obesity and Deutsche Adipositas Gesellschaft bring Obesity focus to Berlin with Hot Topic Conference 'Dietary Sugars, Obesity & Metabolic Disease Risk'
26 June 2015, Berlin: World Obesity Federation is delighted to be working with Deutsche Adipositas Gesellschaft (DAG) to bring their highly regarded Hot Topic Conference series to Berlin, Germany, 29-30 June. The event will be held at prestigious Ameron Hotel ABION and will focus on Dietary sugars, obesity and metabolic disease risk.
The issues surrounding dietary sugars have become of global importance and have numerous implications for the development of suitable local, national and global policies that might prove successful in combating obesity. The Conference will be addressing many subjects that link into the current global dissuasion, such as:
- Effects of Sugars on Obesity in Early Development
- Effects of Sugars on the Brain
- Effects of Sugars in the GI system
It will also look at things such as ‘Non-Caloric Sweeteners’ and will host a roundtable discussion featuring:
- Dr. Klaus Heider - Director-General for Food Policy, Product Safety and Innovation, German Ministry of Nutrition and Agriculture, Berlin, Germany
- Dr Barry Popkin - University of North Carolina, USA
- Dr Luc Tappy - University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- Dr. Jörg Spieldenner - Head of Public Health Nutrition at the Nestlé Research Center, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Dr Dietrich Garlichs - CEO, German Diabetes Association and Speaker of the German NCD Alliance, Berlin, Germany
- Prof. Dr Martin Wabitsch - President, German Association for the Study of Obesity and Pediatrician, Ulm, Germany
The aim of this conference is to bring world experts together into an atmosphere of collegial sharing and consensus building. Change and progress can only be achieved through discussion and Hot Topic is always a focal point for this. To be part of the conversation, follow us on Twitter @WorldObesity
World Obesity Federation is a global not-for-profit organisation that represents professional members of the scientific, medical and research communities from over 50 regional and national obesity associations. Through our membership we create a global community of organisations dedicated to solving the problems of obesity. World Obesity is officially recognised as a non-governmental organisation by the World Health Organisation (WHO). For more information, please visit our website: http://www.worldobesity.org/
Notes to Editors
All press enquiries can be sent to Kevin Scott, Marketing and Communications Manager: email@example.com
. Website: www.worldobesity.org Twitter: @worldobesity
Deutsche Adipositas-Gesellschaft (DAG)
(German Association for the Study of Obesity):
Dr. Stefanie Gerlach, Media Spokeswoman, Board, DAG
- Attendance at Hot Topic Conferences 2015: Dietary sugars, obesity and metabolic disease risk provides 4 SCOPE points and 16 CPD points for attendees professional development.
- Free admission for journalists and press.
- ot Topic Conferences 2015: Dietary sugars, obesity and metabolic disease risk is sponsored by: The Dr Robert C & Veronica Atkins Chair in Childhood Obesity & Diabetes Fund http://www.atkinsfoundation.org/, Kiwikawa GmbH https://www.xucker.de/, Sable Systems http://www.sablesys.com/ and TSE Systems http://www.tse-systems.com/.